DPR Construction recently completed the 45,000-sq.-ft. corporate office and customer briefing center for Autodesk at One Market in San Francisco utilizing an integrated project delivery approach. The project used the latest Autodesk software in Building Information Modeling and achieved LEED-CI Platinum certification. This is one of more than 20 projects DPR and Autodesk have built together.
Using 3D clash detection tools to identify and resolve conflicts before construction started has improved quality and efficiency enabling construction to finish on time, completing this highly complex project in 22-weeks. This technology, coupled with close collaboration, has helped the entire team be more efficient, making it another successful project for Autodesk.
LEED-CI Platinum certification
- Through the efficiencies gained by using BIM and the IPD process, the team achieved key performance and sustainable metrics, including maximizing construction waste recycling to include 95% of all material. The innovative IPD and BIM processes also enabled the team to develop and share lessons learned and collective wisdom throughout the project’s progression and continuing after the space is occupied.
- The design gives top priority to reusing existing materials and systems on site. The team maintained a significant portion of the existing mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire suppression system, minimizing new material or waste.
- Sustainability innovations are embedded in the design and construction process resulting in a compact, highly efficient, multi-purpose expression of design excellence.
- Interior surfaces are kept intact in most locations, with brick walls, concrete columns, ceilings, floors, and infrastructure exposed with no new material covering, greatly limiting the total use of new materials in the project.
- Model Based Estimating
- Self PerformWork Detailing
- MEP Coordination
- 4D Sequencing
- Constructability Analysis
- Laser Scanning
- Site Logistics Planning
- Design/Delivery Process Innovation using BIM Award
Technology in Architectural Practice Committee of the AIA
- Best New Briefing Center
Association of Briefing Program Managers (ABPM)
- IIDA Award