Integral And Indispensable To Our Communities
DPR’s vision is to be integral and indispensable to our communities. We do this through local initiatives that match the needs of the communities where we work with the skills and passions of DPR employees. Our “local” area extends beyond our regional offices to our jobsites, where our teams are often called on to share their talents with our community. Beyond building buildings, DPR offers our expertise in organizational leadership, project planning, soft-skills training, marketing and other professional areas.
“The best way to truly make a positive impact is to understand the needs and match those with our strengths as a company,” said Peter Nosler, DPR’s co-founder who serves in leadership roles for the company’s Community Initiatives efforts and on the DPR Foundation board. “We want to focus our energies in targeted areas, and go deeper to make a greater impact.”
This company-wide vision is implemented on the local level through volunteer action spearheaded by individual jobsites, regional offices and grants from the DPR Foundation. Our professional skills are the most valuable assets we have to share. On a local level, employees find the intersection between community needs and the skills we have so our volunteer actions and resources can focus on helping organizations move their missions forward.
The DPR Foundation
The mission of the DPR Foundation is to support organizations that help under-resourced youth reach their potential. Since 2008 the DPR Foundation has invested $5.5 million in 45 organizations nominated by our regional offices. With annual grants averaging $35,000, DPR establishes multi-year relationships where our skills-based volunteering and financial donations help the organizations move forward in their missions to serve under-resourced youth. In 2018 the DPR Foundation invested $1.1M in the 23 organizations below.
DPR Foundation Supported Organizations, 2018
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Houston, Holthouse, TX
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta, Brookhaven, GA
- Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito, La Colonia, CA
- Girls Inc. of Alameda County, CA
- Girls Inc. of Orange County, CA
- LifeWorks, Austin, TX
- Peninsula Bridge, Palo Alto, CA
- Seven Tepees, San Francisco, CA
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Richmond, VA
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Durham and Orange Counties, NC
- Milagro Center, Delray Beach, FL
- ACE Mentor, National Organization
- Boys & Girls Club of Placer County, CA
- Second Story, Reston, VA
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas, Oak Cliff, TX
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa, Wilbert Davis, Tampa FL
- New Pathways for Youth, Phoenix, AZ
- Perinatal Program, Children's Home Society of Florida, Orlando, FL
- Boys & Girls Club of Pasadena, CA
- Girls Inc. of Metropolitan Dallas, TX
- WEAVE Charter School, Sacramento, CA
- Center for Children and Young Adults, Atlanta, GA
- HANDY, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Investing In Our Communities
Whether through volunteer initiatives driven by our regional offices and jobsites or through local initiatives in support of the DPR Foundation mission, DPR is serious about investing in our communities. Not only do the great places where we do business benefit, our employees are happier and more engaged with their work, resulting in great projects for our clients.
“DPR’s commitment to ‘Build Great Things’ extends far beyond our offices or customers – we strive to go into the communities where we work and live to make a difference,” said Nosler.
For more information on DPR’s Community Initiatives contact [email protected].