Interns Explore the Possibilities With DPR
DPR Construction’s internship program brings together students from across the United States to experience what it’s like working in construction. Spanning multiple majors and interests, interns display a spirit of ownership, partnership and self-motivation. This year, 100 interns studying construction management, engineering, business and more – as well as 25 interns from DPR’s Build Up program – joined DPR for a summer of hands-on experience.
In this video, hear from a few of the 2021 interns about what they worked on and what they’ve taken away from their intern roles. Experiences range from working on projects within DPR’s healthcare and life sciences core markets to joining teams on internal functions such as self-perform work and data analytics. Featured interns include:
- Betty Chen, a business analyst intern on the technology and innovation team based in the Reston, VA office. Betty attends the University of Virginia.
- Cameron Myers, a project engineer on a healthcare project in Davis, CA, working out of the Sacramento office. Cameron attends Sacramento State University.
- Chase Newsome, a project engineer working on a life sciences project based in the Raleigh-Durham office. Chase attends Appalachian State University.
- Francis Reardon, a project engineer focusing on data analytics based in the Austin, TX office. Francis attends Indiana University.
- Kathryn Ward working as a project engineer in preconstruction in the Reston, VA office. Kathryn attends Lafayette College.
- Layla Parsa, a project engineer working at a commercial headquarters in Smyrna, TN. Layla attends the University of Georgia.
- Paul Beltran working on a university lab project in Jupiter, FL. Paul attends Arizona State University.
DPR’s internship program is designed to develop individuals for new opportunities and help aspiring builders grow into the next generation of construction leaders. The company actively looks for the best and brightest students for internships and full-time employment in its university connection program. Check out the college campuses across the U.S. where DPR actively recruits.
Posted on July 29, 2021
Last Updated November 30, 2022