August 9, 2013
Our trade partners/subcontractors are an important part of the DPR family. Once a year in many of our regions, we host an event specifically for the subcontractors we work with as a “thank you” for all their hard work and to celebrate project successes. The event features food, refreshments, music and giveaways.
In the Bay Area, we call this “Subfest.” 2013’s Bay Area Subfest was held at our Redwood City office in early August. The parking lot was transformed into a street party that included:
- Popular food trucks such as: The Chairman, Koja Kitchen, Pacific Puffs, An the Go, Wexler’s, Pop Nation
- Energizing music by DPR's own Brian Cabalic of Untz.
- Indoor exhibits featuring: Innovation, Special Services Group, Building Information Modeling, Preconstruction and Business Development
- Artist's rendering of iconic projects by Marco Verdin
- Raffles and a specialized Rubik’s Cube giveaway to attendees
Photo Courtesy of Jennifer Okulanis
Our Special Services Group built a Rube Goldberg machine, which uses a chain reaction to complete a task. As shown in the photo below, the machine illustrates the point, "small projects, big results!"
Photos Courtesy of Daniel Berson
An artist rendered some of our iconic Bay Area projects (from left to right), including: Sutter Health Eden Medical, David and Lucile Packard Foundation Corporate Headquarters, UCSF's Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research and Sacred Heart Schools Michael J. Homer Science and Student Life Center.
Photo by Eve R. Forward
Across the regions, while the names may vary, additional events held to thank subcontractors this year included:
• In May, the Sacramento region held their annual Cinco de Mayo Subcontractor Appreciation Fiesta, which includes live music, great food and giveaways.
Photo Courtesy of Sacramento office
• In July, Houston held a Sub “Summer Camp” with different game stations set up, including a giant Jenga!
Photos Courtesy of John Goode
Plans for upcoming subcontractor appreciation events in other regions include:
• Mid-Atlantic’s “Subtoberfest" in October.
• Raleigh-Durham’s Subtoberfest in October.
• Richmond in October.
• San Diego in October.
• Phoenix in November.
Thanks to all our subcontractors and partners who help us build great things!