The project comprises:
- Computer, general and large-group classrooms with integrated technology
- Labs for nursing skills, general biology, microbiology, anatomy and physiology instruction
- Multiple chemistry labs with 14 hoods
- The Nursing Dean’s office and other administrative spaces
- A rooftop patio; and a flexible-use “stairitorium”
Multiple nursing simulation spaces provide mock clinical environments for hands-on training with high-tech mannequins, including simulated hospital beds with headwalls, patient exam tables, labor and delivery spaces and home health settings which mirror apartments. A shared community engagement center encourages collaboration and interaction between the School of Nursing and School of Health and Human Sciences, housing additional simulation space and exam rooms which will be used for health screenings for the community. Health and Human Sciences research labs will host outside participants for research studies and a large event space accommodates groups for training, job fairs and other functions.
The project is targeting LEED Silver certification or higher.