Being that DPR constructed the original hotel and conference center in 1999, we were subsequently chosen to perform the multi-phased renovations of the now Tampa Marriott Water Street Hotel in 2019. The project, totaling 25,000-sq.-ft., included:
- Modernizations to the Great Room Lobby and Lobby Bar
- Conversion of the primary restaurant into Garrison’s Tavern Gastropub
- Refreshing of the Il Terrazzo meeting room and ground floor restrooms
- Reconstruction of streetscapes and arrival court, including all new hardscapes, landscaping, fountain improvements and lighting
- Complete reimagining and reconstruction of the Waterfront Terrace from a sitting area into the Anchor & Brine waterfront bistro
The 200-seat Garrison Tavern included the installation of two TopGolf virtual sports suites and added an outdoor dining area street-side. The hotel’s rear terrace now opens onto the Tampa Riverwalk, where pedestrian connectivity is a top priority. The hotel is situated tightly between the Garrison’s Channel and hustling downtown Tampa, and remained fully operational during construction, making this a technically challenging project. To minimize disruption and ensure safety of guests, the DPR team self-preformed selective demolition, concrete work, framing and drywall. DPR also utilized laser scanning and BIM modeling technology in the Garrison Tavern to ensure quality by predicting future conflicts before they occurred.