The project included:
- The Start-up Garage which features reclaimed wood walls and accents, 3D printers and tinker stations, with a partially exposed ceiling and stained concrete floors.
- Co-working space with 60 motorized raising desks, break-out training and conference rooms, and interactive whiteboards.
- The Living Lab for product display and demonstration, built to be raised above floor level with infrastructure located underneath.
- A 20-seat Imagination Cinema with lounge-style seating, backlit fabric sound panels and a JBL sound system.
- The Innovation Theatre, a 250-seat theater-in-the-round for exclusive events that features four rotating projectors and USB-powered stadium seating.
- An executive boardroom complete with custom-made pivot and barn doors, and motorized roller shades.
- The Creston-controlled space also includes HD projectors that descend from the ceiling for presentations and hideaway seamlessly when not in use.
Due to an event scheduled to coincide with the opening of the facility, the project adhered to a fast-paced schedule with no room for delays. Despite the tight lead times for custom-made and ordered-to-fit finishes, the buildout was completed before its anticipated completion date, and achieved zero safety incidents.
The team took a unique approach to sequencing for the project, including the completion of the master control room—the "brains" that needed to be up and running to power the facility—only one month into construction. The custom scope of work also involved multiple contractors for each division and a larger number of subcontractors typically found on a project of this size. Coordination and communication were established from the outset, and included meeting with the foremen of each active subcontractor on a daily basis.
Moveable curved-glass DIRTT walls and living hydro walls, which add beauty to this bright-and-open space, also added complexity to the build. More than three quarters of the walls and soffits were radiused, requiring the project team to provide both pre-manufactured and field-modified tracks to accommodate center point measurements located outside the building.