DPR focused on a few key concepts:
- make the office open and collaborative, fostering efficient decision-making, teamwork, shared leadership, and fun;
- design a layout that promotes spontaneous interaction, conversations and brainstorming;
- enjoyment—make it fun to come to work every day and create a sense of community;
- build responsibly, limiting waste by reusing as much as possible and using sustainable and energy-efficient materials.
Unique elements include:
- the Evoko touch screen room manager system for each conference room;
- a Sonos sound system with four different zones that can stream music independently or connected as one;
- Wink writable wall surface painted on conference walls;
- energy monitoring using Lucid Dashboard; and
- the ability to wirelessly connect to monitors via ClickShare in all conference rooms.
Specialty areas include an innovation room, training room, multiple collaboration areas, two coffee bars, game room and server room. DPR also self-performed much of the renovation including demolition, rough carpentry (including blocking), drywall framing, hanging and finishing, acoustical ceilings, doors, frames and hardware installation.