Several value-added services were performed for this client including:
- A site search covering 11 states, 30 communities and 50 specific sites
- Negotiation of an incentive package, including utility and infrastructure extensions and grants, enterprise zone tax credits and other incentives to assist this large client to locate in Nebraska
- Due diligence of the selected site and all associated infrastructure
- Coordination of all utility and infrastructure needs with the applicable state entities
- Interview, recommendation, selection and management of all specialty consultants covering air emissions, water emissions, water use, groundwater (well) and environmental permits
This unique building configuration provides the client with a "quicker to market" solution and lower day one capital costs. The DPR-led team also:
- Developed economical mechanical and electrical systems that have the least amount of impact on the existing building structure avoiding costly reinforcement of the existing structure and a longer schedule.
- Constructed the exterior foundations and underground site utilities during the winter.
- Sequenced the delivery of major pieces of outside mechanical and electrical equipment with the exterior work due to tight sight constraints.
- Developed economical construction solutions to get the major pieces of outside mechanical and electrical equipment above the 500-year flood plain.
- Utilized the undeveloped warehouse space to pre-fabricate mechanical and electrical utilities for server racks for quick installation. Quality control and production was greatly improved due to “shop fabrication” in lieu of “field fabrication” techniques.
- Utilized very detailed field coordinated BIM technology cad drawings to maintain a high level of quality control among all trades, improving quality and production.