Rishard Bitbaba chose a career in construction because he wanted to empower people to collaborate and help each other successfully deliver projects. Since joining the company in 1998, Rishard has worked on some of DPR’s largest, most technically complex projects to date for core market customers and now leads a company-wide initiative focused on improving performance, leadership and culture on large-scale projects. Rishard is working with a team of builders across the country to evolve DPR’s strategy for “becoming so great at building big jobs in a uniquely DPR way that we change the industry.” He is working with project teams to help continue to develop processes, practices and training on these projects to enhance overall project delivery, as well as the experience of customers and teams.
Rishard pursued a personal passion to become a certified life coach—something he puts into practice every day as he connects with people and tries to help them achieve their goals.
- Role: Operations and Leadership Team Member
- Favorite DPR core value: Ever forward
- First job: Mechanic on a tomato harvester
- Most useful app: Audible
- Desired superpower: Time travel–backward and forward
- Your hero: My mother, who came to this country with two teenage kids, not knowing a word of English, and accomplished so much.
- Word to the wise (advice): Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted. So keep trying.