The Student & Administrative Services project is a 59,000-sq.-ft., three-story steel framed, administration building with glass curtainwall. The building houses space for administrative offices, student registration, financial aid, counseling services, disabled student services, testing, conferencing, and board rooms. The facility consolidates all student and administrative services previously housed in various buildings throughout the campus under one roof.
The building is located in the center of the high-traffic campus. DPR’s project management team utilized the The Last Planner scheduling system to plan and phase the construction process to minimize campus interruptions and ensure student and faculty safety.
The project targeted LEED Gold certification.
- 100% of the power for the building is supplied by the solar panel farm that was constructed on the campus
- Native plantings with no new irrigation
- Water use reduction using waterless urinals
- Reduced flow fixtures
- Optimized energy performance resulting in a rating of 28% better than Title 24 requirements
- Construction waste diversion from landfill
- Utilizing new materials fabricated from recycled content
- Low VOC materials
- Utilizing natural daylighting