The 93,500-sq.-ft. project consisted of two major components:
- The modernization of the existing Charles Klauder building: built in 1938, the historic building needed major upgrades to meet safety and energy standards, as well as building needs.
- The demolition of a 1960’s addition to the building: In its place, the team constructed a new, replacement building, designed to match existing campus architecture.
Now complete, the Agricultural Engineering Building houses four multi-purpose classrooms, more than 30 comprehensive research and teaching labs, and several conference rooms and collaboration lounges. Agricultural engineering, with its diverse range of study, houses not only bio-chemistry laboratories, but machine shops, integrated hydrology-hydraulics laboratories and a new centralized fermentation laboratory.