As a Sacramento native from a family of builders, Nils Blomquist knew he found something special when he joined DPR’s Sacramento office in 2005. Nils’ early interest in construction began when his grandfather, who emigrated from Sweden all the way to California, taught him about carpentry and furniture making. Throughout his career, Nils has worked on a diverse array of projects in all five of DPR’s core markets: life sciences, advanced technology, higher education, corporate office and healthcare. The most rewarding aspect of construction for Nils is when he can show a finished project to his kids, and know that he played a part in building it.
- Role: Sacramento Business Unit Leader
- Favorite DPR Core Value: Uniqueness
- First Job: I mowed lawns when I was really young, and worked as a construction laborer during the summer in high school.
- Your Hero: My grandfather, who emigrated from Sweden, worked his way across the country to California and lived the American Dream.
- Best Vacation Spot: Lake Tahoe - I've been going there since I was a kid and still love it.
- Word to the Wise (advice): "Whether you think you can or you think you can't - either way you're right." – Henry Ford