Growing up on a farm as a third-generation plumber, Michael Konetzke can’t remember ever wanting to do anything but build. Whether it was working as a farmhand or a plumber, Michael didn’t know what a weekend was until his college days at Texas A&M, where he studied construction science (and worked as a bouncer at the local sports bar!)
Since he joined DPR in 1996, Michael has been building great things from coast to coast, and has worked in seven offices across the country. In his role as the co-business unit leader of DPR’s Pasadena and Newport Beach offices, Michael brings together his experience across multiple business units and core markets to lead operations and grow DPR’s presence in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas.
- Role: Greater Los Angeles and Orange County Area Co-Business Unit Leader
- Favorite DPR core value: How do you pick your favorite kid? Enjoyment of course! My personality has always lent itself to enjoy what you do, make it fun, satisfying and rewarding.
- Desired superpower: I’d like to be able to fly, and although it’s not necessarily a superpower, I’d like to have a light saber too.
- Your hero: Both of my grandfathers
- Pet peeve: Nothing yet everything, think Seinfeld.
- Word to the wise (advice): Experience is something you get right after you need it. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.