Trained as a civil engineer with a construction focus, Mark Whitson interviewed through DPR's College Recruiting program from Purdue University. Mark's first assignment was to be a part of DPR's self-perform work (SPW) drywall crew. "Working in SPW really opened my eyes to what we could do as a company," said Mark. "It helped form my focus and passion for self-perform work."
After his time with SPW, Mark took on a project engineer role on a $6 million fast-tracked data center project. He quickly demonstrated strong project engineering and project management skills, as well as an exceptional ability to take care of our customers. He also brings a deep commitment to DPR's core values and has built a reputation as a strong leader. Mark has served as a project executive, project manager and project engineer, as well as having strong safety and field experience. A member of DPR's Management Committee, Mark is leveraging all of his operational expertise and focusing on DPR's core construction business companywide to increase global integration and collaboration.
- Role: Management Committee Member
- Favorite DPR Core Value: Ever Forward
- What You Love About Construction: I love the impact that we have on helping other companies have best in class facilities for their people to enjoy and be the building blocks for the services that they provide.
- Most Useful App: Skiplagged
- Your Hero: My father and grandfather, because of the work ethic they instilled in me at a young age. They taught me that if you work hard, you can accomplish anything!
- Word to the Wise: Together we are better!