Working in the field daily at a young age primed Jay Althouse to be a passionate builder with an appreciation for the trades. He joined DPR in Orlando in 2006 and has led some of the firm's most high-profile projects, including the USTA National Tennis Center, the KPMG Global Training Facility and Lake Nona Town Center. Using his operations experience, Jay provides leadership to teams in Central Florida as the Co-Business Unit Leader. He focuses on cultivating a culture of discipline and improving the way teams build through the use of prefabrication, virtual design and construction, self-perform work and data.
- Role: Central Florida Co-Business Unit Leader
- Favorite DPR Core Value: Uniqueness
- What You Love About Construction: I love the teamwork component of building projects. Each project brings a new group of people together from all walks of life to achieve a goal. Lifelong relationships are created every day on construction projects.
- First Job: Paper delivery boy. It didn’t pay much back then.
- Best Vacation Spot: A beach sunset. Growing up in Kansas there weren’t very many of those to go around. After all these years in Florida, I’m still not tired of that.
- Word to the Wise (advice): Swing hard in case you hit it!