After working on projects in the Bay Area for 12 years, Hock Yap crossed the Pacific Ocean in 2012 to help launch DPR’s consulting practice in South Korea. Focused mainly on international customers, he is currently expanding DPR’s network to provide project management/construction services and consulting on various types of project delivery methods, lean practices and construction technologies. Hock's experience in construction has focused on technical projects for biopharmaceutical, healthcare and advanced technology clients. His attention to details and ability to meet unique customer requirements make him a valuable asset on projects with complex features.
- Role: South Korea Managing Co-Director
- Favorite DPR Core Value: Integrity
- What You Love About Construction: The unique opportunity to work on teams with different skill sets, all working toward achieving one common goal for your client.
- First Job: Some of my friends wanted to purchase my rare collections of postal stamps, so I started selling them. It wasn’t a lot of money, but it was good for an 8-year-old.
- Most Useful App: Google Translate is extremely handy when you work in a foreign country. It can even scan and translate documents and signage for you.
- Desired Superpower: Ability to predict the future
- Best Vacation Spot: Phuket, Thailand
- Favorite Subject in School: Economics