Gretchen Kinsella joined DPR as an intern in 2001. She found herself assigned to a project that didn’t offer the challenges she was looking for, so she asked for more—more challenges, responsibilities, problems to solve. She wanted to build great things. She went on to be the youngest project executive in and around Phoenix. With experience in risk management, operations, people development and work acquisition, she has been a key player in a variety of core markets, especially healthcare where she has been integral in the delivery of acute care and medical office facilities totaling $918M.
It’s no surprise that Gretchen is now part of DPR’s leadership team, serving as Arizona Business Unit Leader. She’s not only a leader at DPR, but in the industry, as well. Gretchen shared her story as the keynote address at ENR’s Groundbreaking Women in Construction conference in 2017 and continues to serve as a role model for women who build.
"I will guide our team on how we can be authentic individuals who work together, leveraging each others strengths in a respectful and purposeful way for the greater good."
- Role: Arizona Business Unit Leader
- Favorite DPR Core Value: Uniqueness
- What You Love About Construction: Something new everyday!
- Most Useful App: Wayfair
- Best Vacation Spot: Napa, CA
- Word to the Wise (Advice): Work at a place that let’s you be authentic. In order to be the best at what you do, you have to be true to you.