Dave Elrod brings his positive energy and hands-on leadership style to the growing Southeast region. Dave provides vision and direction for the company, and has established his reputation, as well as DPR's, by exceeding customer's expectations. He brings the unique ability to lead project teams in team building by utilizing a collaborative process and high performance problem solving techniques.
Dave attended Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR for Construction Engineering Management and Business Administration. He has completed the CMOS Design & Engineering Program at the Masters Design and Technical Center in Santa Clara, California, is a graduate of the Arizona Builder’s Alliance (ABA) Leadership Development and is a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED® AP) with the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
Dave serves on the board of the DPR Foundation, an organization existing to help economically under-resourced youth become productive members of our communities. As a leader in DPR’s commitment to the community, “to be integral and indispensable to the communities in which we work,” Dave can be found building new classroom furniture for Teach for America classes, assisting Future for Kids sports camps and DPR Construction Day for Kids, being an active contributor to DPR programs for Junior Achievement and advocating for Friends For Life Dog Shelter.
- Role: Business Unit Leader and Project Director
- Favorite DPR Core Value: Uniqueness – I have yet to see this anywhere else. We challenge our folks to find ways to differentiate our company.
- First Job: Paperboy – I delivered the Oakland Tribune in Castro Valley.
- Your Hero: My dad and grandfather
- Favorite Subject in School: Shop – wood and metal shops in high school