For Adrian Barrios, construction is about more than building facilities; it’s about changing people’s lives. Adrian has been part of DPR’s South Florida team since 2013. Prior to joining DPR, Adrian was building in South Florida for a mid-sized, local general contractor focused on healthcare and higher education. He then moved to the construction team on the owner’s side with the region’s largest healthcare provider. With his expertise in managing complex healthcare projects, he has led DPR to become one of South Florida’s largest and most admired healthcare builders with projects on more than 24 area campuses. As South Florida Business Unit Leader, Adrian builds and leads high-performing teams.
- Role: South Florida Business Unit Leader
- Favorite DPR Core Value: Integrity
- What You Love About Construction: I get the most fulfillment by seeing our contribution as builders truly change people’s lives. The investment we make into our work, both professionally and personally, becomes quite challenging on us, but it really comes into focus when we see folks enjoying the fruits of the team’s labor after turning over a project. To me, being a builder is one of the most honorable things we can do with our time.
- Desired Superpower: Time travel for sure! I can’t get enough podcasts and books about history, so what better way to learn about it than being there in person.
- Your Hero: My mother has always been my inspiration. She came from Cuba at a young age with her family and worked her tail off to provide a better life for her family. I’ll forever be in awe of her perseverance and strength.
- Word to the Wise (Advice): My favorite quote has always been “be and not seem”. Always be yourself and own it. There’s nobody else like you, and that’s a good thing!