DPR built an ambitious and complex multi-phase project, totaling more than 300,000 sq. ft. Recognized by the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) as its 2006 Vista Award winner, the facility created a more efficient use of floor space, reduced the number of steps per patient room visit for nurses by 40 percent, improved energy efficiency with an anticipated $174,056 in savings per year, and increased the number of staffed private rooms to 94%. The rising need for emergency room services, with the number of visitors increasing an estimated eight percent per year sparked Asante Health System's initial plan to expand its Rogue Valley Medical Facility in Medford, Oregon.
The project included:
- New 632-space, four-level, cast-in-place and post-tensioned concrete parking garage
- New two-story cast-in-place concrete helicopter landing pad structure
- RV Park for travelers visiting patients
- New electrical load center to power the new expansion
- 250,000-sq.-ft. steel-framed addition to the existing hospital that included a six-story bedtower with 111 new patient beds
- 50,000-sq.-ft. renovation of the existing hospital with diagnostics and imaging departments