DPR Hardin Tops Off 2013 Strong
DPR Hardin Construction (DPR Hardin), a leading general contractor located in Atlanta, is pleased to announce that the company closed 2013 with more than 15 completed projects and already has more than that amount under construction for 2014 across the Southeast.
It has been a great year for DPR Hardin. Beginning with the DPR Construction’s acquisition of Hardin Construction, the combined company came soaring out of the gates with 15-plus wins as a combined firm. “It’s been an incredible realization of the tremendous value this combined firm is to our customers,” says Russ Brockelbank, Atlanta Regional Manager for DPR Hardin.
In 2013, DPR Hardin is proud to announce the completion of 15-plus projects that span industries from hospitality to healthcare, including:
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Cobb County Radiology Addition in Atlanta,
- Hyatt Place in Downtown Nashville,
- Somerby Assisted Living Center in Peachtree City, Ga.,
- Young Harris College Freshman Pod Housing in Young Harris, Ga.,
- Miles College Student Activities Center, Welcome and Admissions Center and Student Housing,
- Georgia State University, 100 Auburn Avenue in Atlanta,
- Junior Achievements’ Chick-fil-A Foundation Discovery Center, Atlanta,
“This year looks stronger for the construction industry in Atlanta and many of the surrounding cities as well,” says Brockelbank. “In the Southeast, we see growth in the office market, continued growth in Multi-Family and healthcare as well as steady growth in hospitality, especially destination markets like Atlanta, Nashville and Savannah.” The combined DPR Hardin resources are already tapping into these, and other, growing markets. Projects currently under construction include:
- Charleston Midtown Hotel in Charleston, S.C.,
- Circle Terminus Luxury Apartments in Atlanta,
- Crescent Howell Mill Mixed-Use Community in Atlanta,
- Kennesaw State University Student Recreation and Activities Center in Kennesaw, Ga.,
- One12 Courtland Student Housing in Atlanta and
- Outlet Mall of Georgia in Savannah, Ga.
- Veteran’s Hospital Outpatient Clinic in Decatur,
- University of Georgia’s Correll Hall, Business Learning Community Phase I in Athens,
Great People Building Great Communities
DPR Hardin credits its great people with the success to date. “We added 18 talented people to our growing team since the acquisition, including skilled workers with strong character who are committed to the communities in which they work,” says Brockelbank. “And to close out the year, each of our project teams supported a local cause to help further support the community in which we build,” he added.
This holiday season, the group of DPR Hardin employees at the One12 Courtland student housing project site near Georgia State University selected the Atlanta Police Union “Santa Cop” effort. They raised $3,500 in an effort helped 20 children receive gifts this holiday season, pairing up Atlanta police men and women and children of abused homes or victims of crime. Santa Cop educates kids to understand that they can rely on police officers when they need them. Additionally, the Kennesaw State University Student Recreation and Activities Center team supported the Salvation Army Angel Tree, adopting five children and three senior citizens.
“It’s been a terrific year, and we have the right people in place to support continued growth in 2014,” closes Brockelbank.
Posted on January 10, 2014
Last Updated August 23, 2022