Growing up on a family cattle and hay farm in south central Pennsylvania and spending much of his time outdoors, Shawn Pepple knew from an early age that he wanted to have a hands-on career where he wasn't always behind a desk. He joined DPR in 2011 and has provided project leadership for some of Raleigh-Durham’s most recognizable projects, with a specific focus on life sciences and higher education.
A significant contributor to DPR’s operations growth in Raleigh-Durham, Shawn has built a reputation as a humble leader with the ability to motivate teams by connecting physical building construction with the impact facilities will have in their communities. Some of the notable projects Shawn has worked on include NC State University Centennial Campus Utility Infrastructure, Biogen | LSM 3X Capacity Upgrade and Duke University School of Medicine’s Doctor of Physical Therapy Division and Department of Orthopedic Surgery and the School of Nursing, all of which have resulted in repeat work and long-lasting relationships.
- Role: Raleigh-Durham Business Unit Leader
- What You Love About Construction: I love working with teams and problem solving to see a facility take shape from the ground up, many of which directly benefit our community.
- First Job: Throwing hay bales on my Dad’s farm
- Word to the Wise (Advice): Be yourself
- Desired Superpower: To not need sleep
- Best Vacation Spot: Crested Butte, Colorado
- Favorite DPR Core Value: Ever Forward