With a concrete contractor for a father, Leslie Tullio is a builder at her core. Before joining DPR, she was Chief Marketing & Communications Officer at McDermott Will & Emergy, an AmLaw 25 law firm, and she served as head of corporate marketing at CEB (now Gartner). As part of the Communications+Brand leadership team, Leslie focuses on bringing organizational connectedness to the DPR Family of Companies. Her strategic vision will help DPR become a most admired company—advancing standards within the industry and growing a brand that is built to last.
- Role: Communications+Brand and Leadership Team Member
- Favorite DPR Core Value: Ever Forward. I genuinely believe that whenever you push beyond your comfort zone—whether you succeed or fail in the endeavor—it makes you better.
- What You Love About Construction: The complexity. I’m fascinated by the way all the different aspects of a project come together and the precision required to get it right. I’m also in awe of the innovation and collaboration required to get from idea to execution.
- First Job: I worked at the Hallmark Store in my local mall when I was in high school. I used to love to see what kind of cards people bought and whether they matched my expectations, but people always surprised me!
- Most Useful App: Waze, without a doubt, though Uber Eats is growing on me.
- Your Hero: My mom. I didn’t always appreciate the sacrifices she made for my brothers and me or the true impact she had on the decisions I made, but I’m forever grateful.
- Word to the Wise (advice): “Comfort is the enemy of progress” – PT Barnum. You should definitely celebrate successes and enjoy what you achieve, but if it’s getting too easy, you’ve stopped growing.