John Benson has been leading people in the construction industry since the early 2000’s. Responsible for supporting and enabling teams to thrive, John focuses on providing connection and leadership to DPR Construction and its family of companies. John’s primary focus is on people and driving organizational health.
DPR is on a path to be a most admired company—one that is progressive and influential in its people practices. John brings the experience, knowledge and passion to achieve this goal.
- Role: People Practices
- Favorite DPR Core Value: Ever Forward
- What You Love About Construction: I believe there is no industry that can measure up to the construction industry. It is simply the most real and authentic team setting that can exist as a long-term career. There are only two models that potentially provide a stronger example, an elite team within the armed forces or a professional sports team. Construction is world-class in setting the stage for the team environment. Period.
- Desired Superpower: Teleportation. To Costa Rica, or the Swiss Alps, to be more specific.
- Your Hero: Bishop Desmond Tutu. I had the opportunity to see him speak, in person. A moment I won’t forget. Inspired and awe-struck by his story, life-example and achievements.
- Word to the Wise (advice): The older you get, the more complicated life becomes. Accept that and be sure to learn as much as you can to be ready for it.