Jim Dolen’s career in construction began when he was just 12 years old, working at a cabinet shop and later pursuing carpentry. One of DPR’s first six employees, Jim joined the company as a superintendent in 1990 and represents the very best in technical building. He is a driving force in the training of our talent in the field and provides ongoing leadership to our self-perform work operations, helping us provide better control and service to our customers. Jim draws his greatest satisfaction from seeing the growth and development of people, watching individuals who joined DPR right out of school ascend to leadership positions throughout the company. To him, the retention and advancement of individuals speaks directly to DPR’s success.
It all comes down to the right people. You are only as good as the people you work with.
- Role: Management Committee Emeritus
- Favorite DPR Core Value: Integrity and enjoyment
- Favorite Thing About Construction: The people – helping to grow employees’ careers
- First Job: Cabinet shop (age 12)
- Your Hero: My dad
- Word to the Wise: Be a good listener and treat people with respect.