Fritz Hain began his construction career in the trades, working as a sheet metal mechanical and electrical apprentice. He joined DPR in 2000 as a project manager and worked on notable projects for customers such as Novartis, Pfizer, MCI, Kaiser and Biogen. In 2005, he left DPR to pursue a law degree, and in the years following, he interned at NASA, practiced law at Smith, Currie & Hancock in Atlanta, and served as counsel for URS Corporation. Since returning to DPR in 2013, he has helped strengthen DPR’s Risk Management group, which takes a holistic approach to identifying and managing risk by looking at project performance risks, insurance matters, safety, and quality of work.
- Role: Risk Management
- What You Love About Construction: It’s the perfect intersection of getting to collaborate with and learn from a wide variety of people; being exposed to highly technical projects, systems and products; and working through complex business and leadership challenges.
- First Job: As a young-in, mowing lawns. My first tax-paying job was at a home improvement store doing maintenance work, cleaning restrooms, bagging goods and helping load customers’ cars.
- Desired Superpower: Being able to show unconditional love in all situations.
- Best Vacation Spot: I’m simple; the historical charm and vibrancy of Savannah, Georgia.
- Word to the Wise (advice): Smart people learn from their mistakes; wise people learn from the mistakes of others.