The D of DPR Construction, Doug Woods is one of DPR’s three co-founders. Doug’s passion for building started at an early age. The son of an engineer, Doug grew up in homes that he helped build. In July of 1990, Doug, Peter Nosler and Ron Davidowski started DPR and have since nurtured it into a multi-billion dollar company.
For Doug, success is hard to define. As the co-founder with the audacious vision, Doug always has one eye on the future, looking for ways to continuously get better and for new opportunities that move the company forward. According to Peter and Ron, Doug is the one with the “believe it and it will happen” attitude, and Doug demands more from himself than anyone. With 35+ years of technical expertise, Doug serves on DPR's Board of Directors as CEO, participating in strategic planning and helping to take care of customers and employees. In November 2015, the three co-founders (D, P and R) were honored by the San Francisco Business Times with a Most-Admired CEO award.
- Role: D in DPR, Member of DPR's Board of Directors
- Favorite DPR Core Value: Integrity
- Favorite Thing About Construction: The people for sure, and the challenge of doing something new on every project. No two projects are ever alike.
- Best Vacation Spot: Any place with a sandy beach, warm water and cold beer
- Word to the Wise (Advice): Never give up in what you believe