Chris Bontrager is DPR’s Business Unit Leader in Atlanta, which serves customers in Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee and operates as part of DPR's Southeast region. Chris was hired in 2000 by Hardin Construction, which DPR acquired in 2013. Over the years, Chris has held roles of increasing responsibility from project manager to project executive leading to his appointment as DPR's Atlanta business leader in 2016. Chris also serves on the company’s regional leadership team. With a wealth of construction experience and more than 3 million sq. ft. to his credit, Chris’ leadership expand across the company’s core markets including construction in higher education, commercial office, advanced technology, healthcare and life sciences. Chris brings a communicative management approach to his role within DPR and fosters open, honest communication both within his region and externally with subcontractors, owners and design professionals.
- Atlanta Business Unit Leader
- Construction is in my blood. My grandfather and father were true craftsman, building custom homes and light commercial, self-performing almost every aspect of the build. My childhood is filled with memories of visiting job sites and then helping in the summers through high school. I love that construction is always a dynamic environment and never boring. At the end of the day you can see the tangible results of your hard work.
- I worked at a local grocery store bagging groceries.
- My Grandfather(s), both self-made men that came from working class America. One paid his way through college to earn a master’s degree from the University of Alabama and the other taught himself a trade and turned it into a successful business.
- Stay the course, it’s a marathon and not a sprint. Just do what you do to the best of your abilities with passion and the rest will take care of itself.