Chris Bontrager is DPR’s Business Unit Leader in Atlanta, which serves customers in Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee and operates as part of DPR's Southeast region. Starting as a project manager in 2000 with Hardin Construction, which DPR acquired in 2013, Chris became a project executive and served as a member of DPR Atlanta's leadership team. Chris has a wealth of construction experience with more than 3 million sq. ft. to his credit, including construction in education, corporate office, senior living, retail and multi-family projects. Chris brings a communicative, management approach to his role within DPR and fosters open, honest communication both within his region and also externally with subcontractors, owners and design professionals.
- Atlanta Business Unit Leader
- Construction is in my blood. My grandfather and father were true craftsman, building custom homes and light commercial, self-performing almost every aspect of the build. My childhood is filled with memories of visiting job sites and then helping in the summers through high school. I love that construction is always a dynamic environment and never boring. At the end of the day you can see the tangible results of your hard work.
- I worked at a local grocery store bagging groceries.
- My Grandfather(s), both self-made men that came from working class America. One paid his way through college to earn a master’s degree from the University of Alabama and the other taught himself a trade and turned it into a successful business.
- Stay the course, it’s a marathon and not a sprint. Just do what you do to the best of your abilities with passion and the rest will take care of itself.