Location: Redwood City, CA
DPR Construction is seeking a project executive with at least 15 years of commercial construction experience. Individual will be ultimately responsible for business development, contract negotiations, insurance requirements and the high-level execution, project controls, project engineering, cost, risk and business management of a single project or multiple projects.
Management will be of commercial projects within our core markets: healthcare, higher education, advanced technology, life sciences and corporate office. Project executives will work closely with all members of the project team and regional leadership teams and will be responsible for the following:
- Management of all project team members (project managers, project engineers, superintendents, and field office coordinator).Project teams could range from 10-50 employees.
- Mentor, develop and train team members for fast-paced growth.
- 100% detailed/hands-on knowledge of project requirements and deliverables.
- Demonstrated understanding of building processes and systems.
- Cost control/billings/Collections/Change Management/Monthly Status Reports
- Work duties require complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting.
- Key point of contact with owner and architect,
- Challenge and support jobsite and self-perform work team.
- Accountable for project completion and financials, critical success factors, and customer satisfaction results.
- Actively participate in regional operations (staffing, business planning, preconstruction efforts, etc.).
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, manage project teams, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to mentor others and lead by example.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to create and support team morale.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Prolog or similar), accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 15+ years of experience in the project management/executive role, preferably within DPR’s core markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- This position is salaried.