Mechanic - OES
OES - Richmond, VA
Posted Feb 6, 2024
OES Equipment, a part of the DPR family of companies, is a fast paced and innovative construction consumable, heavy equipment rental company who is seeking a mechanic. The Heavy Equipment and Small Engine Mechanic will be experienced in maintaining fleet vehicles and will be responsible for managing our growing rental fleet. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented team player, with the ability to manage prioritizing competing tasks and produce quality work.
Technicians will be responsible for the following duties:
- Timely turnover of returned rental equipment.
- Maintaining a clean work and warehouse space with the organization of down and ready to go fleet.
- Following OSHA and OES safety guidelines.
- Inventory, organizing, and ordering of commonly used parts and shop supplies.
- Maintaining service truck as well as its mounted equipment.
- Coordination of customer service and onsite service calls.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read schematics, diagnose, and repair various types of equipment failures.
- Positive Customer Service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic with a can-do attitude.
- Well organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in both a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to multi-task and move from one objective to another efficiently.
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of on-the-job experience as a Technician.
- Experience with operating various types of construction equipment.
- Basic computer knowledge with Rental Man software experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Coupa (P2P software) preferred.
- Must have basic tool set in good working order.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Not for you?
Return to all open positions.