VDC Project Manager (GC22036)
Posted Nov 13, 2023
DPR Construction is seeking a VDC Project Manager for our office in Orlando, FL.
The VDC Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities and processes concerned with the construction of DPR Construction’s commercial construction projects. DPR Construction is a national commercial construction General Contractor and Construction Manager specializing in the construction of facilities for the Healthcare, Life Sciences, Technology, Higher Education, and Commercial sectors. The company is a leader in its use of Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which is a construction management method that leverages technology to more effectively plan and manage construction projects, project-related information, schedules, personnel, and organizations.
The VDC Project Manager is responsible for implementing and supporting VDC construction management activities and processes across the business unit to support the design, construction, and handover of construction projects. Responsibilities include:
- Provide construction project management and support services by monitoring performance against Project Execution;
- Participate in preconstruction and operations management meetings for local office(s) and provide input as the VDC subject matter expert;
- Manage regional staffing for VDC plans, any DPR subsidiary resources, and all finances associated with project engagements;
- Develop and document tasks, construction project timelines and milestones, facilitate group meetings and document group findings;
- Review as-built plans, client and project needs, and institute remedial actions against the design model when required;
- Support model-based project management, process workflows; and deployment of construction technology supporting VDC construction management methods;
- Assist in strategic regional business roadmap development, and in preparing the BIM/VDC portions of proposals and participating in interviews when appropriate;
- Develop preconstruction subcontractor procurement templates and exhibits for BIM/VDC;
- Develop and manage internal/external resources for a regional VDC training program that will engage project teams in the everyday use of VDC best practices;
- Develop and apply a thorough understanding of DPR’s project procurement, packaging and delivery methods to align VDC efforts with preconstruction, operations, scheduling and planning, and project controls;
- Provide regional staff leadership and career development to VDC staff, and engage in recruiting and all business unit VDC staffing plan efforts;
- Provide leadership to regional/local VDC resources in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values;
- Review any risk or value for the organization by analyzing requirements, contracts, and evaluation documents;
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients that facilitate effective and efficient VDC processes;
- Create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics to evaluate and assess value, impact, and ROI of established VDC Initiatives;
- Manage and participate in data gathering and analysis of metrics for regional and local VDC growth;
- Help develop the infrastructure needed to monitor goals, objectives and business plans;
- Help support standards/best practices for VDC implementation to be leveraged across the region;
- Utilize tools of VDC to take the virtual world into the field to confirm model alignment during installation.
The successful candidates will meet the following qualifications:
Education/Experience Requirements: Master’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture or related, plus 3 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in a civil engineering or construction management position in the commercial construction industry.
Alternate Education/Experience Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture or related, plus 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in a civil engineering or construction management position in the commercial construction industry.
# of Years of Experience Required with
Implementing VDC strategies beyond 3D modeling and clash-detection;
Applying the concepts and methods of VDC in construction logistics and facility / final product operations and maintenance areas;
Autodesk packages such as Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks;
Contractor facing authoring and collaboration tools such as Revit, Tekla, or AutoCAD MEP;
Implementation and support of Autodesk BIM 360 products: Glue, Field, and Docs;
Leveraging and supporting Autodesk Navisworks Manage
Model element quantification / estimation w/ Assemble Systems, or Navisworks QTO;
4D project scheduling tools such as Synchro and integrating them with BIM / VDC tools and technologies.
Contact: DPR Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org). All applicants must use the reference code #GC22036.
Not for you?
Return to all open positions.