Senior Field Engineer
Posted Nov 3, 2023
DPR Construction is seeking a Senior Field Engineer with up to 5 years of commercial construction experience.
Senior Field Engineers will be assigned to DPR projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Higher Education, Advanced Technology, Life Sciences and Commercial. Field Engineers will work closely with all members of the project team and will be responsible for some if not all of the following:
- Assisting and supporting field work under the direction of the Project Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents.
- Coordinate working and shop drawings.
- Coordinate the delivery, coding and purchasing of project materials.
- Assist in the preparation and subsequent monitoring/updating of the project schedule- Assist in generating three-week look- ahead schedules- Weekly Work Plan and Production Planning
- Organize and conduct subcontractor meetings and produce meeting minutes (ideally in CMIC)
- Assist in the project’s RFI & Submittal process.
- Assist in the completion of project close-out activities, including developing/completing items from corrective action lists and punch lists.
- Coordinate work-in-place quantities and DPR labor.
- Directs Company foreman and laborers at the discretion of the Project Superintendent.
Has internal contact with:
- Project Management Staff; To coordinate shop drawings, expedite materials and coordinate with assigned duties.
- Has external contact with:
- Subcontractors and Vendors; To ensure the timely delivery of required materials, proper installation of same, and adherence to schedule and safety requirements.
- Architects and Consultants; To obtain information regarding changes and clarification of drawings.
- Building Officials; To assure that necessary inspections are coordinated in a timely manner
- Attend and participate actively in Superintendent Peer Group Meetings.
- Work with the Safety Coordinator to execute safety audits on a regular basis.
- Possess independent judgment, creativity, initiative, and ability to apply knowledge and experience to resolve problems, compose correspondence and technical reports, and accomplish goals where established procedures may not be specific.
- Ability to read basic blue prints and shop drawings.
- Develop skills around Excavation safety and Fall protection.
- Thorough understanding of plans, specifications and subcontractor scopes.
- Learn Total Station Layout and control and operate in that capacity for a minimum 4 month period in the field.
- Competent user of BIM modeling and ability to get obtain specific detail in the building through the model.
- Working knowledge of P6 software and Our Plan.
- Develop presentation and communication skills.
- General knowledge of the project Monthly Status Reports (MSR).
- Read and understand DPR’S labor cost reports (LCR).
- Ability to perform field take-offs; order, receive, return, and track equipment and material.
- Understanding of crane safety and rigging competency. Knowledge of rigging hand signals.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with diverse types of people in a tactful, professional, and effective manner.
- Ability to deal with pressures of deadlines, heavy workloads, demanding people, and constant interruptions.
Not for you?
Return to all open positions.