Construction Foreman/Superintendent - SurePods Orlando
Posted Sep 29, 2023
SurePods, part of the DPR Family of Companies, is on the leading edge of construction technology today. We are one of America's largest integrated designers, manufacturers, and installers of factory-built bathroom pods. We've embraced technology as we change how buildings are built, and more importantly, we've embraced that it takes a fantastic team of humans to help lead that change!
Our workforce is a tremendous source of pride for SurePods. We are looking for passionate, talented professionals who want to be part of an environment which fosters learning, collaboration, and innovation. We have a tremendous reputation as a great place to work. A place where people feel like they are contributing to something new and interesting, and that has great long-term opportunities for those who are searching for a career. Sound like you? Join us!
We have a new opportunity as a Production Supervisor at our Orlando location with our manufacturing team. We're searching for someone that has a background as a commercial construction Superintendent, ideally with manufacturing leadership experience. Someone who is interested in keeping things running smoothly and is always on the lookout for how to make things better and more efficient.
So What Will You Be Doing?
You'll be supervising a medium to large group of employees involved in plant production operations while providing hands on much leadership like a Superintendent on a commercial construction site would. Our work is generally of a technical nature, so you need to have the ability to make decisions within the limits of general standards and practices. You’ll also manage working locations daily and maintain company quality and production capacity standards and expectations.
Position Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Able to multitask in different workstations: Caulking, metal framing, box build, grouting, floor prep, plumbing, dry wall, flooring, ceiling building etc.
- Implements safety and good housekeeping standards.
- Plans, coordinates and administers manufacturing operations and quality activities.
- Initiates, encourages and develops a participative management environment.
- Implements continuous improvement process.
- Administers and is responsible for financial management of department.
- Provides measurement and feedback on department operations.
- Supervises hourly employees.
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, materials, and equipment.
- Meets production cost schedule and maintains quality requirements.
- Keeps management informed of developments as they occur.
- Maintains department records for QC, OSHA, SAFETY, Productivity etc.
- High school graduate or equivalent training with work experience.
- College degree preferred.
- Management experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising employees in a manufacturing environment.
- Plumbing and/or Electrical experience a plus.
Must have Knowledge/Skills
- Construction background ideally with some exposure to a manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English).
- Blueprint reading ability required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Strong desire to work in a team-based, progressive manufacturing setting.
- High level analytical ability where problems are complex.
- High level interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization, motivate employees and elicit work output and accountability.
- Knowledge of quality control procedures.
- Documented leadership &/or team-oriented work experience with a team of 15 or more.
- Flexibility in terms of both shift work and overtime.
- This job involves the following physical demands: Walking, standing, climbing, bending, stretching, and using hands and fingers to hold, grasp, push, and lift items.
- Working at heights above 4 feet is common on ladders and/or platforms.
- Environmental conditions involve generally indoor work.
Not for you?
Return to all open positions.