Superintendent / Plant Director - SurePods
Posted Sep 29, 2023
SurePods, part of the DPR Family of Companies, is on the leading edge of construction technology today. We are one of America's largest integrated designers, manufacturers, and installers of factory-built bathroom pods. We've embraced technology as we change how buildings are built, and more importantly, we've embraced that it takes a fantastic team of humans to help lead that change!
Our workforce is a tremendous source of pride for SurePods. We are looking for passionate, talented professionals who want to be part of an environment which fosters learning, collaboration, and innovation. We have a tremendous reputation as a great place to work. A place where people feel like they are contributing to something new and interesting, and that has great long-term opportunities for those who are searching for a career. Sound like you? Join us!
We have a new opportunity as a Senior Superintendent/Plant Director at our SurePods Orlando location. They will have a strong background in commercial construction, pre-fab manufacturing, and operational efficiency. As this role combines these three key strengths, the Plant Director will manage overall Plant costs and capital improvements. This includes the Plant Production Operations, Safety, Planning/Scheduling, Quality, Process Engineering, Maintenance, Warehouse, and Logistics/Shipping groups. This role collaborates across the organization with Business Development, Project Development/Pre-Con, Project Management, Field Installation, and Procurement.
- Oversee the Plant Superintendent, and teams of skilled craft trades, Quality, Maintenance, Warehouse teams in our SurePods Orlando, FL production plant
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Drive a positive, collaborative and supportive culture in which people are inspired and challenged to achieve greatness.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Lead new business applications development and implementation, such as automation, product offerings and cost management systems.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports and cost estimates.
- Establishes and administers the Plant budget.
- Presents regular performance reports and metrics to the senior leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Manage the design and implementation of plant efficiency with change of operational flow.
- Support production management by setting near and long-term objectives that underpin our strategic goals and driving a culture of open communication and accountability.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 20 years industry-related work experience (commercial construction, pre-fab, TI, MEP, manufacturing).
- Excellent people management, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to integrate into an existing team and foster a team oriented working environment.
- Inspire a culture of accountability.
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Not for you?
Return to all open positions.