Redwood City, CA • San Jose, CA • San Francisco, CA
Posted May 18, 2023
DPR Construction is seeking a qualified candidate for a Staff Accountant position in the Finance & Accounting Department located in our Redwood City, CA office. As an integral member of this dynamic office, the ideal candidate exemplifies DPR’s four core values—integrity, uniqueness, enjoyment and ever forward—and must have solid communication skills and a collaborative “can-do” attitude.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of accounting principles
- Assist in the month-end close process, including journal entry preparation, and account reconciliations
- Responsible for monthly bank reconciliations
- Responsible for AR/AP account reconciliation between subsidiary ledgers and GL
- Tracking of sublease payments
- Assist in preparing audit schedules at year-end
- Ability to efficiently work toward and consistently meet deadlines
- Perform special projects, other ad-hoc duties, as needed
Additional position requirements include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar discipline or equivalent experience required
- Experience with full-cycle accrual accounting utilizing a subledger/general ledger accounting system preferable
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Must be able to work independently, multi-task and prioritize to accomplish goals
- Ability to identify and implement best practices, think strategically, plan for the long-term success of the organization and effectively delegate tasks
- Have strong attention to detail, enjoy problem solving, take initiative and have a professional and service minded approach
Not for you?
Return to all open positions.