Accounts Payable Specialist
Posted Mar 14, 2023
Digital Building Components is seeking a skilled and highly motivated Accounts Payable Specialist. This individual will be responsible for providing financial services in an effective and efficient manner to ensure excellent customer service, timely and accurate payments and reporting for job costing and general ledger.
Major responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
• Full cycle AP (all functions of AP including receipt of invoices, checks for accuracy, verification, distribution, approvals, coding, scanning, data entry, reviewing and reconciling statements and accounts). More specifically:
• Review ReadSoft software for receipt of vendor invoices and distribute for approval.
• Monthly reconciliation of vendor accounts.
• Process prepayment requests.
• Compile and mail vendor checks.
• Create vendor autopayment journal entries.
• Request any missing invoices from vendors.
• Follow up on stale dated checks to vendors.
• Effectively train and communicate with job teams regarding AP invoices, costs and processes.
• Communicate with customers/vendors to obtain appropriate documents to create accounts.
• Maintaining internal and external relationships with vendors and employees including solving issues and discrepancies.
• Assisting in internal and external audits as needed.
• Provide monthly statement/invoice for affiliated companies.
• Completing special projects as needed.
• Proactive process improvement of duties.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
• Bachelor degree and/or 5+ years experience in the construction or manufacturing industry.
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong accounting and computer skills.
• Required intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office - Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
• Dependable with strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines and respond to changes in priorities.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly, problem solve and multitask.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, take initiative and see projects through completion.
• Solid problem-solving skills and analysis.
• Forward and out-of-the-box thinker.
Not for you?
Return to all open positions.