Orlando, FL • Tampa, FL • Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posted Nov 21, 2022
Perform duties of a payroll accountant for DPR Construction. This includes participating on a high-performance team, maintaining world class levels of customer service, and ensuring that payroll is processed on a timely basis with accuracy for multiple regional offices across the country.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process and accurately pay employees weekly.
- Ensure all information for new and current employees is accurate and up to date for the regions of responsibility.
- Utilize reports/exception logs to audit regional payroll for compliance and accuracy.
- Process corrections/adjustments as necessary
- Work closely with our HR team to ensure employee changes are implemented timely
- Interact with employees/Regional payroll contacts to problem solve as needed.
- Apply knowledge of state payroll law to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Apply knowledge of union rules, where applicable
- Assist in growth and process improvement projects within the Shared Services team
- Ensure that the proprietary nature of payroll information is always protected and remains confidential
- Accounting: Solid aptitude and instincts
- Knowledge of Payroll, Union requirements, Federal and State Statutes for payroll compliance. Certified payroll experience is a required.
- Computer skills: Literate in MS Office applications e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of CMiC (construction accounting software) helpful
- Knowledge of construction industry and/or job costing helpful.
- Must be flexible, easily adapts to change.
- Have strong customer service skills.
- Well organized
- Able to work in a deadline driven environment.
- High attention to detail
- Strong team player