Posted Mar 10, 2023
DPR Construction is seeking an MEP coordinator with at least 5 years of commercial mechanical, electrical, and plumbing construction experience. This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of all aspects of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, low voltage system, and fire sprinkler scopes of a project(s). The MEP coordinator will work closely with all members of the project team, project executives and regional leadership teams and will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for estimating support, subcontractor bid reviews, scheduling, project logistics, and constructability reviews as it relates to MEP systems.
- Support both pre-construction and the project team in reviewing trade partners estimates and costs as it relates to design changes
- Manage the owner-architect interface in the planning and installation of the following systems: electrical, HVAC, automation, plumbing, process piping, low voltage systems, fire/life safety, and fire protection design/construction coordination (validated and non-validated systems).
- Participate in review of all MEP related shop drawings and submittals
- Assist in the development of full commissioning plans for all MEP systems that identify and define the following: all test requirements, required inspections, factory start-up of major equipment, factory acceptance testing, project and vendor documentation requirements, and integrated test plans demonstrating full system operations.
- Oversee coordination of MEP systems through the project virtual design and construction process.
- Responsible for onsite construction support for MEP systems and will oversee the start-up, balancing, commissioning and validation certification of these systems, including owner training and project closeout.
- Develop and oversee project specific MEP quality and safety programs, including leading safety cause mapping for post MEP safety events
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong grasp of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering concepts and applicable codes.
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders to identify and resolve complex issues as it relates to MEP design and construction
- Ability to run complex meetings with multiple attendees, issue minutes promptly and follow up with participants for deliverables.
- Good understanding of fire/life safety and fire sprinkler systems and the integration of same with mechanical, electrical, building systems
- Good understanding of the test and balance process and requirements
- Good understanding of building automation systems and sequences as it relates to MEP
- Good understanding of MEP related safety regulations
- Ability to contribute to a culture of safety in a construction environment
- Proficient in the use of current virtual design and construction software
- Experience with CPM scheduling and lean pull planning processes. Knowledge in the use of Primavera P6 is preferred
- Proficient computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite and Bluebeam
- Comfortable in an open and collaborative working environment
- Excellent listening, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to create and support a positive team environment
- 5+ years of experience as a MEP coordinator, preferably within DPR’s core markets
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not required
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude
- This job is salaried
Not for you?
Return to all open positions.