Baltimore, MD • Washington DC
Posted Mar 10, 2023
DPR Construction is seeking a mechanical estimator with at least 8+ years of experience estimating for technical commercial construction projects. Process piping experience is desirable. The mechanical estimator will create estimates for technical commercial projects within our core markets of: healthcare, higher education, advanced technology, bio-pharmaceutical, and corporate offices. The incumbent will work closely with the regional management team and all members of the pre-construction / estimating team.
- Conceptual budgeting / estimating.
- Conceptual design assistance.
- Design development through construction document estimating (quantification and pricing).
- Interaction with subcontractor / equipment vendor community in multiple DPR office regions throughout the Northeast corridor.
- Presentation of estimates/budgets with owners/consultants.
- Preparation and analysis (scoping) of mechanical, plumbing, fire sprinkler, HVAC and automatic temperature controls bid packages.
- Value management of estimates produced.
- Subcontractor procurement.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex technical issues.
- Effective participation in team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of WinEst and Onscreen Takeoff.
- 5+ years of experience as an estimator within DPR’s core markets.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do,” solution-oriented attitude.
- This position is salaried.
Not for you?
Return to all open positions.