Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Project Lead (Job # FtL.C.01)
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
DPR Construction is seeking a Project Lead (Civil Engineer) for our DPR office located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Under the supervision of the Project Executive, the Project Lead (Civil Engineer) leads the day-to-day operations of commercial construction projects, with special emphasis on the construction of advanced technology and healthcare facilities. By working on the project from the design stage to close-out, the Project Lead (Civil Engineer) has hands-on knowledge of the project scope. Works closely with all members of the project team, Project Executive(s), and Regional Leadership teams, and is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Identification and resolution of complex construction and/or business issues, including building processes, materials, and systems;
- Providing technical engineering advice regarding design, construction, or project modifications to managerial personnel;
- Scheduling, monitoring progress and timely project completion;
- Cost estimating, budgeting, and forecasting for the project;
- Cost control, billing oversight, collections, change order management, and monthly status reports;
- Conformance to design specifications and to safety and construction standards;
- Coordination of onsite project team members including Project Engineers, Estimators, Superintendents, and Field Office Coordinators;
- Liaison with Owner and Architect;
- Mentorship and training of Project Engineers;
- Coordination of LEED certification process, with weekly tracking of all project credits as required by project;
- Coordination of Building Information Modeling (BIM) processes and conflict resolution.
Based at the DPR office in Fort Lauderdale, FL. May work at DPR offices in the following Florida counties: Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade.
The successful candidate will possess:
MS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or closely related field, and 3 years of experience in an occupation in Civil Engineering or related, in the commercial construction industry.
Alternate Education and Experience Requirements: BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or closely related field, and 5 years of post-baccalaureate, progressive experience in an occupation in Civil Engineering or related, in the commercial construction industry.
Special Skills Requirements:
- One (1) year of experience with the following:
- Design and/or construction of Advanced Technology and Healthcare facilities.
- CMiC PM project management software.
- CMiC accounting cost management software.
- Working with city, county, and state authorities on construction project Environmental Impact Review process and compliance reporting.
- BIM Coordination of Mechanical, Electrical, and Piping (MEP) for commercial construction projects.
- Working on Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA) projects.
- Primavera P6 scheduling software.
- Green construction techniques and/or use of sustainable materials in commercial construction.
- Seismic and retrofitting construction issues.
- BIM authoring and analysis tools Navisworks, Sketchup, and Revit Architecture.
Contact: DPR Human Resources ([email protected]), or submit resume below. Applicants must reference Job # FtL.C.01.
Contact: DPR Human Resources
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.