Location: Washington, D.C.
DPR Construction is seeking a MEP Coordinator a minimum of at least 8+ years of commercial construction experience for our Mid-Atlantic region (currently the Falls Church Virginia office, soon to be Reston Virginia office). This individual will be ultimately responsible for the day to day coordination of all mechanical, electrical and piping of a particular project. The Mid-Atlantic serves a wide geography, therefore some travel may be required.
We are looking to fill this position by September of 2016.
MEP Coordinators will work closely with all members of the project team, Project Executives and Regional Leadership teams and will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the owner-architect interface and planning and installation for HVAC, controls, plumbing, process piping, and fire protection design/construction coordination (validated and non-validated systems)
- Responsible for providing construction support for MEP systems and will oversee the balancing, commissioning and validation certification of these systems, including the turnover package
- Develop full commissioning plans for all MEP systems that identify and define the following; all test requirements, required inspections, factory start-up of major equipment, factory acceptance testing, project and vendor documentation requirements and integrated test plans demonstrating full system integration
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong grasp of mechanical and electrical engineering concepts
- Ability to run complex meetings with multiple attendees, issues minutes promptly and follow up with participants for deliverables
- Good understanding of test and balance requirements
- Good understanding of Direct Digital Controls installations/integration
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Ability to create and support team morale
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- 8+ years of experience as a MEP Coordinator, preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred but not required
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude
Contact: Camilo Garcia
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.