Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
DPR Construction, an ENR top 20 General Contractor with offices across the United States is seeking a Regional Planner/Scheduler with a minimum of at least 4+ years of experience for our South Florida region.
Scheduling will be of commercial projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Life Sciences, Corporate Office and Higher Education. Schedulers will work closely with Project Executive’s, Project Manager’s, and Superintendents and will be responsible for the following:
- Mastery of Primavera P6 v7: Schedule Analysis, Variance reports, Resource/Cost loading, etc.
- Mastery of Lean scheduling /tools and techniques.
- Conduct Master Planning sessions with the Project Teams, Owner, Arch, Eng, GC and subcontractors.
- Lead and support short interval planning (SIP), i.e. pull planning, phase planning and weekly work planning. Utilize a SIP tool such as BIM 360 Plan and use PPC and roadblock metrics.
- Motivating and lead teams through Lean planning exercises.
- Ability to “VE” a schedule to its shortest responsible duration.
- Ability to analyze acceleration options (multiple shifts, Weekday OT, Weekend OT) to recommend the best cost option and offsetting against risks with different approaches.
- Schedule in Design/Build, IPD or Lump Sum environments.
- Visiting projects throughout the region to drive consistency on practices and presentation.
- Train Project teams on all scheduling best practices.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience in construction of a variety of projects, with demonstrated knowledge of basic construction methods and organization. Understand how complicated systems go together in order to properly sequence detailed activities and to creatively re-sequence a schedule when conflicts arise.
- Experience must include demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, and develop schedules for varied projects and programs, preferably in a construction setting.
- Experience with delay claims and time extension requests and familiarity with various types of schedule analysis. Understand the risk management end of schedule management.
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills and the ability to train team members.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in working with p6 Primavera and in Microsoft Office Suite.
- 4+ years of experience as a Project Scheduler, preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
Additional skills desired:
- 4-D: Integrate schedules with BIM models.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
Contact: DPR Southeast Careers
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.