Location: Austin, Texas
DPR Construction is seeking a Superintendent with at least 5+ years of construction experience for our Texas Region, specifically Austin. Experience is required in at least one of our Core Markets: Life Sciences, Healthcare, Higher Education, Corporate Office, and Advanced Technology.
Superintendents will work closely with all members of the project team and supervise all craft employees. Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee, manage, and mentor Assistant Superintendents and / or Project Engineers.
- Create construction schedules, perform regular updates, monitor logic relationships, and insert new activities and impacts
- Coordinate jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
- Negotiate with authorities having jurisdiction to achieve project occupancy milestones
- Lead DPR’s Injury-Free Environment (IFE) Safety Program
- Coordinate subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading in conjunction with DPR’s Self-Performed Work crews
- Foster the development of foreman to grow into future superintendents
- Professionally represent DPR Field Operations as primary interface with Owner and Design Team
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management Software (CMiC PM or similar)
- Planning and Scheduling, working knowledge of P6
- 5+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Superintendent, preferably within DPR’s core market projects
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.