Location: Washington, D.C.
DPR Construction is seeking a Senior Regional Scheduler with a minimum of at least 8+ years of experience for our Mid-Atlantic regional office. This position will be based in our Falls Church, VA (soon to be Reston, VA) office however will support the entire Mid-Atlantic (Richmond, Baltimore, New Jersey, and Boston). Therefore some travel will be involved.
We are looking to fill this position by September 2016.
Scheduling will be of commercial projects within our core markets: Healthcare, Advanced Technology, Life Sciences, Corporate Office and Higher Education. Schedulers will work closely with Project Executive’s, Project Manager’s, and Superintendents and will be responsible for the following:
- Advanced level of construction experience. Understand how complicated systems go together in order to properly sequence detailed activities and to creatively re-sequence a schedule when conflicts arise
- Mastery of Primavera: Resource loading, Cost loading, Variance reports, etc.
- Mastery of Lean scheduling tools and techniques
- Motivating and lead teams through Lean planning exercises
- Ability to “VE” a schedule to its shortest responsible duration
- Ability to analyze acceleration options (multiple shifts, Weekday OT, Weekend OT) to recommend the best cost option and offsetting against risks with different approaches.
- Schedule in Design/Build or IPD environment
- Visiting projects throughout the region to drive consistency on practices and presentation (ie. making sure the critical path is clear on all of our projects)
- Train superintendents on all scheduling best practices.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience in construction of a variety of projects, with demonstrated knowledge of basic construction methods and organization
- Experience must include demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, and develop schedules for varied projects and programs, preferably in a construction setting
- Experience with delay claims and time extension requests and familiarity with various types of schedule analysis. Understand the risk management end of schedule management.
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills and the ability to train team members.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in working with p6 Primavera and in Microsoft Office Suite
- 4-D: Integrate schedules with BIM models
- 8+ years of experience as a Scheduler, preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.