Location: Jacksonville, FL
DPR Construction is seeking a Safety Professional with at least:
- Minimum 4-years qualified project safety representative experience
- OSHA 30 & or 510 within the last 3 years
- CPR/1stAid/AED current
- English and Spanish speaking skills are very strongly desired
Safety Professionals work closely with the regional teams, all members of the project team, and DPR Corporate Safety Manager in Florida. Safety Professionals will be responsible for the following:
- Lead and live DPR’s Injury-Free Environment (IFE) Safety Program.
- Foster the development of safety.
- Develop and blend DPR safe construction work practices in support of our core market customers safe work practices.
- Assist with the continual development of new methods for abating hazards.
- Perform regular jobsite safety audits of work site activities, share findings, corrective actions and corrective plans with DPR project management.
- When necessary, DPR EHS should utilize every resource necessary, including escalation, to ensure the maintenance of an injury free environment (IFE).
- Help monitor the subcontractor selection process and adherence to established environmental safety and health guidelines.
- Administrative duties may include maintaining regional safety files such as safety training documentation, applicable medical certifications, environmental testing and special associated training, investigation reports including near-misses, injury summaries, leading indicator data and other safety and health documentation.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” “let’s find a solution” attitude.
Additionally, but not required, the candidate will have one or more of the following certifications:
- Safety Trained Supervisor Construction (STSC)
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST)
- Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Candidate should be willing to obtain one or more of the above certifications once employed if they haven’t already obtained them.
Position is full-time in Jacksonville, Florida. Limited overtime work, including weekend duty, will be required.
Whether the position is compensated on an hourly or salary basis will depend on the qualifications of the candidate.
Candidate shall be local to Jacksonville, Florida and a background check will be required.
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.