Location: Washington, D.C.
This position located in our Reston, VA Regional Office and part of the Data and Development Team.
This position requires a strong technical person that will define the architecture, guiding principles and standards for the Data management. It is critical that the right candidate provides framework, stewardship, governance and decision making for management of data applicable to Line of Business Apps and ERP. This position is key for reduction in delivery times and improvements in quality and overall throughput
- Define enterprise data architecture vision, strategy, principles and standards of data management, MDM across various Line of Business Apps, ERP, get buy-in from stakeholders, management, business teams.
- Define standards for naming, describing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivering
- Balance short-term versus long-term actions, strategic versus tactical requirements, while continuing to move forward towards the strategic vision
- Develop enterprise data management methodology and standards, and promote to both technology and business throughout the company
- Put processes around metadata to ensure an integrated definition of data for enterprise information, and to ensure the accuracy, validity, and reusability of metadata
- Participate in developing consistent definitions for common reference data and master data management
- Establish measures to chart progress related to completeness and quality of metadata for enterprise information, to support reduction of data redundancy and fragmentation, elimination of unnecessary movement of data, and improvement of data quality.
- Drive selection of data management tools, and the development of standards, usage guidelines and procedures for those tools
- Participate in Azure Cloud strategy and implementation.
- Participates in the research of new technologies as time and responsibilities permit
- Qualified applicants should have a BS in Computer Science/Information technology or related field
- Must have the ability to model/federate data models across multiple data sources and ability to define a grammar or language on how data translation/exchange could happen
- Must have solid understanding of Business, Functional and Data modeling, Implementing Master Data management.
- Deep hands on experience with SQL DB, Azure SQL, Big Data, Streaming/Unstructured Data, and Data as a Service
- Technology and Innovation
- 5+ Experience using SQL Server, Oracle and services like MDM, SSAS, Data Quality Services, Cubes.
- Deep expertise with metadata management tools – enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools and data profiling tools
- Ability to see the big picture while paying attention to details on what needs to be done in the short term to realize the vision
- 5+ years of experience as Data Architect.
- Rock star attitude with the willingness to learn a new technology quickly.
- Embraces DPR’s purpose and core values
DPR exists to build great things.
Integrity. We conduct all business with the highest standards of honesty and fairness; we can be trusted.
Enjoyment. We believe work should be fun and intrinsically satisfying; if we are not enjoying ourselves, we are doing something wrong.
Uniqueness. We must be different from and more progressive than all other construction companies; we stand for something.
Ever Forward. We believe in continual self-initiated change, improvement, learning and the advancement of standards for their own sake.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Must be a TEAM PLAYER
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills required to interact with colleagues and internal customers.
- Ability to work effectively with others who are in remote locations and varying time zones
- Ability to work effectively with others to identify impact on the company’s business processes, other applications, network, etc.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Resourceful creative approach to problem solving is expected
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivation to continually learn and take on added responsibilities while maintaining a positive attitude
- Develop expertise in each skill area exposed to
- Judgment – knowing how to respond to a problem in a manner consistent with the company’s primary interest
- Planning – Looks ahead and organizes activities to stay on top of personal workload and team needs
- Initiative – Seeks out new opportunities to contribute. Pushes the envelope, raises the bar. Treat each task as an opportunity to excel
- Ownership – Is totally committed to the success of the team and the company. Sees the success of his/her team as a reflection of self
Primarily based in DPR’s Reston, VA Regional Office
DPR Construction, Inc.'s benefits are designed to provide a comprehensive, balanced, and competitive package. Our benefits program addresses both the immediate and long-term needs that you and your family may have. Benefits are effective on date of hire. Employees must be non-union and full-time to participate and part-time employees are eligible for medical, dental and vision coverage. The following is a summary of what DPR offers.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance/Wellness Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- 401 (k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Phantom Stock-Equity Participation
- Personal Time Off
For more information, go to http://www.dpr.com/company/careers/working-at-dpr/benefits
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.