DPR Construction is seeking an Assistant Superintendent with at least 3 years of commercial construction experience or 2 years of higher education in a construction based educational program for our San Francisco Bay Area regional office.
Assistant Superintendents will work closely with all members of the project team and will assist with the supervision of all craft employees and will be responsible for the following:
- Assist with schedule management to include:
- the creation of construction schedules,
- performing regular schedule updates,
- monitor logic relationships,
- insert new activities and impacts
- Assist with the coordination of jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with adjacent building teams and subcontractors .
- Lead DPR’s Injury-Free Environment (IFE) Safety Program by setting a good example and fostering safe work behavior.
- Assist with the coordination of subcontractor work scopes, scheduling, and resource-loading.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, and a willingness to learn Project Management software (Prolog or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 3+ years of experience foreman/leadman in Commercial Construction, preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects, or 2 or more years of higher education in a construction based curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- A strong desire to learn and grow as a manager of field operations, working under the supervision of a Superintendent.
Submit Your Resumé
Please provide a few details and attach a PDF copy of your resumé.