The client purchased this new 12,000-sq.-ft. building in downtown Richmond. The renovation was necassary to accomodate their practice and move their staff into the building upon completion. The two story building is used for education, office space, exam rooms and procedure rooms. The scope of work included a new roof, new windows, new MEP systems, and additions were also put on the building.
LEED-NC Silver certified
One of the key ways the client raised money for the new facility was through its sustainability features.
- Facility is equipped with showers and bike racks
- Project is located near 2 bus lines
- Park Capacity does not exceed zoning requirements (no new parking was created)
- There is preferred parking for low emitting and fuel efficient vehicles
- Water Efficient Landscaping – No irrigation
- 26% Water Use Reduction
Materials and Resources:
- 95% of the existing envelope and structural components were reused
- 90% of the waste was diverted from the landfill
- 27% of the materials were made from recycled content
Indoor Environmental Quality:
- All of the low emitting material credits were achieved