The client purchased this new 12,000-sq.-ft. building in downtown Richmond. The renovation was necassary to accommodate their practice and move their staff into the building upon completion. The two-story building is used for education, office space, exam rooms and procedure rooms. The scope of work included a new roof, new windows, new MEP systems, and additions to the building.
LEED-NC Silver certified
One of the key ways the client raised money for the new facility was through its sustainability features.
- Facility is equipped with showers and bike racks
- Project is located near 2 bus lines
- Park capacity does not exceed zoning requirements (no new parking was created)
- There is preferred parking for low emitting and fuel efficient vehicles
- Water Efficient Landscaping – No irrigation
- 26% Water Use Reduction
Materials and Resources:
- 95% of the existing envelope and structural components were reused
- 90% of the waste was diverted from the landfill
- 27% of the materials were made from recycled content
Indoor Environmental Quality:
- All of the low emitting material credits were achieved