Nick Abay seeks to learn something new every day, even with more than 17 years of construction experience. His most recent project prior to taking on the business unit leader role in Houston was serving as a project executive on DPR's Recenter project, which used Digital Building Components to digitally prefabricate part of the structure. Since graduating Sam Houston State University in 2002 with a B.S. in Construction Management, he has worked in many roles, including field office engineer, assistant project manager, superintendent, project executive and, now, Houston business unit leader.
Whether its developing long-lasting relationships with customers or creating strong teams to fit unique project needs, Nick has proven to be a strong leader with strategic vision. In the first half of 2019, he led his business unit to exceed its business goal for the year, laying the groundwork for impactful operations in the Houston area.
- 1) The connections we make with all project team members, 2) Every project is different…no two days are the same, and you are always learning something new.
- Fence builder…technically, I was the guy mixing concrete in the wheelbarrow.
- Anywhere there are mountains and poor cell service
- There are too many to pick one—anyone who selflessly serves others.
- Yelp…because I am not a foodie, but I like to think I am.
- Never give up, stay humble, and always maintain a sense of humor!